Additional Resources: Reporting Tools
TRichView wrapper for ReportBuilder
License: Free addon for TRichView and ReportBuilder by Digital Metaphors (license agreement)
Source code: included in the installation of TRichView.
Compiled demo projects: included in TRichView demo projects.
Version: v1.22.2 for ReportBuilder v9–19.
The wrapper implements two objects: TppRichView and TppDBRichView. They can be used together with (or instead of) ReportBuilder's own richtext objects.
TppRichView and TppDBRichView provide much more sophisticated formatting than the standard objects, including tables, background images, multilevel numbering, etc.
In new versions of ReportBuilder, the wrapper provides a high-quiality export to PDF and RTF files without using other thirdparty addins. To activate this feature, include ppPDFRendererRV and ppRTFRendererRV units in your project.
The wrapper supports the following ReportBuilder addins:
With eDocEngine, reports objects can be exported to multiple formats, including PDF, RTF, HTML, XHTML, Excel, text, CSV, Quattro Pro, Lotus 1-2-3, DIF, SYLK, TIFF, PNG, SVG (XML-based vector graphics), JPEG, GIF, BMP, EMF and WMF formats
With Export Devices, TRichView objects can be exported (as a part of report) to:
- HTML (as an image)
- XLS - Microsoft Excel File (as a plain text, or (in PRO version) as an image)
- RTF - Rich Text Format (as an image or as a simplified rich text)
- Graphic - Gif, Jpeg, Bitmap, Metafiles
- PDF - Adobe Portable Document Format (as an image)
With TExtraDevices, TRichView objects can be exported (as a part of report) to:
- HTML (as a simplified rich text)
- XHTML (as a simplified rich text)
- RTF - Rich Text Format (as a simplified rich text)
- PDF - Adobe Portable Document Format (as a plain text)